Skip to main content

Jim Revitt (1931-2009)

Just moments ago I got off the phone with Jim's oldest boy David who had just told me that Jim had passed away. What a terrible loss. Just a few weeks ago he was singing support for me on the Australian Story Episode "The Big Deal"... and here he is now... gone.

Jim has been battling a string of bad conditions that seemed to be relentlessly ganging up on him over the last few weeks. A failing kidney, pneumonia and then heart problems. I saw him Wed week ago when he was having a real tough time. My heart went out to him and his dear girl Rowe as they battled the distress of severe health damage.

I'm flying to Sydney tomorrow and will try to console my friends loyal family. But I for one will surely miss my old mate Jim.

Comments

Real Time Web Analytics