Skip to main content

Ric’s Songs: Lonely in the City

This song has been recorded multiple times and ill add the earlier versions to this one if you are interested in hearing its progressive treatment.

Although the song has strong feelings for me as the songwriter it still doesn’t seem to work except for the guitar solo which I’m ashamed to say is out of tune! But I’ve got the resources to do it right so ill keep trying.

mp3icon

The song is about loneliness and how you can be as lonely in a city as you are in the desert. A bit negative but a great starting point for a guitar solo full of angst.

This version was recorded in a studio that housed a great old desk owned by a good friend Buzz Bidstrup. The desk was from Air Studios in London and had a real sweet authentic sound not that you could tell from this recording… unfortunately all I have from the sessions was a quick master I did to tape so its as good as it can be for the moment.

An original recording done with a mic stuck up high on a wall in as room can be heard here.

mp3icon

Comments

  1. I feel a bit dumb saying this coz you have so much experience but you say you don't think your recording works - I think it's a great song. At the risk of sounding cliched I'd like to hear it with distorted power chords low in the back behind the acoustic and an ecoey vocal. Cliche yes - but I reckon it'd sound even better that way (maybe too conventional for you??)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contribute. Comments are moderated for fairness and language.

Real Time Web Analytics