It enables people to make a deposit on a large item, to place it on hold until they can inspect the item and complete the transaction. This is especially important for big or expensive items. It's great for the seller too because it shows them that the buyer is serious.
How would it work?
- The seller places the ad on their web site advertising the item for sale and its full price.
- The seller places a "Pay Deposit" button on the site.
- When the buyer decides they want to place the item on hold with a deposit they click on the "Pay Deposit" button.
- A screen appears floating above the sellers sales page enabling the buyer to pay for the deposit with their credit card. (There is no need for the seller to go to a separate site to pay)
- The button status changes to "Deposit Taken"
I came up with this idea after suffering the frustration of not being able to take deposits for my patent sales over the years. Yet again this is a project that is too small for me to poor my effort into so I'm asking you to help me find a home for it...
Patent: Deposit Button Patent
Included: Patent specification, drawings, receipt, patent rights and assignment, prior art search (by Ric) and implantation notes.
Link to docs (encrypted): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/180478/Deposit_Button_Patent_Package.zip